Alan founded the Group in the late 1980’s. He has been instrumental in laying the foundations for what is known today as the Grey Investment Group and the diverse portfolio. Alan’s background spans as one of Samoa and the South Pacific’s well known and respected business executives. Some of Alan’s past and current roles have included:
- Chairman and Director : Central Bank of Samoa
- Chairman and Director : Bank of Western Samoa. Formerly Owned by the Government of Samoa and the Bank of New Zealand (Now the ANZ Bank Samoa Limited)
- Chairman and Director : Samoa Industrial Gases (Now BOC Gas Samoa Limited)
- Chairman and Director : Polynesian Airlines
- Chairman and Director : Samoa Visitors Bureau (Now Samoa Tourism Authority)
- Director : Virgin Samoa Airlines
- Chairman : Samoa Hotel Association
- Chairman and President : Samoa Rugby Football Union Inc.
- Treasurer : Samoa Rugby Football Union Inc.
- President : Samoa Rotary Association
- Commodore : Apia Yacht Club
- Manu Samoa : Rugby Football Union Representative Player
- Represented Samoa : in Sailing and Yachting at the South Pacific Games
- Induction : into the Hall of Fame for Samoa sport
- Patron : of Many Sporting Bodies, Charities and Non Government Organisations
- Some of Alan’s Awards include: : Outstanding Service Award for service to Samoa and the Business Community awarded by the Samoan Government
Fred’s background has been largely tourism and development based. Fred has a degree in Economics and Political Science from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand along with an Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management from the prestigious Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia as well as a Diploma in Hotel Management from the IHTTI Hotel Management School in Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Fred played representative Rugby for Samoa A against New Zealand A and the New Zealand Maori team. When off the field, Fred was also actively involved in captaining Samoan Long Boats who were the first ever Samoan team to win a Long Boat Race in the sports ancient history within American Samoa.
Fred has been responsible for the Group’s growth into new markets and ventures. One of the largest developments to date was developing and building of the 145 Room Aggie Grey’s Lagoon Beach Resort and Spa in Samoa at a cost of $25m USD. This was considered the country’s first ever large scale resort.
Fred has also developed Samoa’s only greenfields natural water export plant which was launched in 2008 at a cost of $8m USD. When not busy working on the business, Fred currently sits on a number of boards such as Virgin Samoa Airlines and the Board of Directors for Samoa Tourism.
Looking to the future, Fred is currently in the early stages of introducing Samoa’s first ever boutique casinos to be launched in early 2014 along with a condominium development on one of Samoa’s premier beachfront locations near the countries International Airport.
Fred has also been tasked by the Government of Samoa to Lead and Chair the Airline Taskforce Committee of Samoa which is tasked with encouraging more airline carriers and airline capacity to Samoa from Asia, North and Central America.
Tanya is dedicated to the accounting, finance and management divisions of the Grey Investment Group.
Having studied Accounting, Tanya’s skill set and knowledge base has become finely honed with years of hands-on experience in handling day-to-day financial operations for a broad variety of businesses helping to develop long-term financial strategic planning and direction for the Group.
Unrivalled in her experience of Hotel Accounting and Management systems, she also has a wealth of applied knowledge in general business management, business account systems, and business-dedicated information technology.
With over 20 years experience in all levels of the business, Tanya continues to be a pivotal asset and contributor towards Grey Investment Group’s continuing growth and success and the Groups growth in the pacific region.